OSU Portland Center
Oregon State University has a vibrant presence in Portland, home to the largest concentration of OSU alumni, parents, industry partners, and other friends. The OSU Portland Center provides a central hub for engaging these Metro area supporters in the life of the university. It includes permanent offices for more than 20 employees of the OSU Foundation, OSU Alumni Association, and other university programs – as well as a home away from home for Corvallis-based OSU employees.
Portland-based Foundation staff work in areas ranging from gift planning to foundation relations, events to research, plus major gift fundraising for the College of Business, College of Engineering, University Honors College, scholarships and student success initiatives, and athletics.
OSU is all over the Portland Metro area – through 50,000 alumni; vibrant partnerships with area businesses, cultural institutions, and community organizations; and Portland-based programs that drive economic growth and enhance the quality of life. To name a few:
- Oregon State Pharm.D. students spend their third year at the Collaborative Life Sciences Building in the South Waterfront District. The state-of-the-art facility brings together Oregon Health & Science University, Portland State University, and OSU faculty and students in a collaboration of education, research, patient care, and community service.
- The Food Innovation Center is a thriving incubator for food entrepreneurs who are turning Oregon’s agricultural bounty into marketable food products.
- In three-week rotations at the Oregon Humane Society’s Animal Medical Learning Center, students from the College of Veterinary Medicine get surgery experience while providing care to thousands of animals.
- The College of Business offers a hybrid MBA program in Business Analytics and Executive Leadership in the Collaborative Life Sciences Building. The college also has opened headquarters at Portland’s former Custom House in the Pearl District.
- Through programs ranging from 4-H to Master Gardeners, OSU Extension provides educational opportunities to Metro area residents of all ages, while producing and sharing research critical to local industries.
The OSU Portland Center welcomes the use of its conference and board rooms by members of the OSU community including faculty, staff, alumni, and other friends. The space can be reserved for meetings or other events through the online room reservation system.