OSU Friends of the Arts
By making a gift of $1,000 or more to support arts programs at Oregon State, you can become a member of the OSU Friends of the Arts giving circle for the next year. Members are generous donors who believe in the importance of the arts and want to support great arts programs at OSU.
You can choose your favorite arts program fund or scholarship below or enter another arts fund on our online giving page:
Yes, I want to support the arts at OSU!
New Media Communication
Benefits of membership
As a member of the Friends of the Arts giving circle, you will receive benefits including:
- A newsletter with expert insights into upcoming productions, news about advances in arts programs, and more.
- An invitation to an annual Friends of the Arts event connected to an OSU arts production or exhibit.
- Other benefits associated with the OSU President's Circle.
- The knowledge that you have helped to support talented students and excellent arts programs at a great university.
The impact of your gift
While every gift to support the arts at OSU helps, gifts of $1,000 or more are truly investments in our future that make a difference in the lives of students. For example:
- A gift of $1,000 could help a student afford private music lessons, buy new sheet music, or pay for royalties for a terrific script for the next OSU theatre production.
- $2,500 could help bring in guest artists or performers to OSU.
- The promise of a $5,000 scholarship could help a talented student choose OSU for his or her arts studies over other schools.
- If you are considering giving $5,000 or more this year, please also consider pledging to give that much or more each year for five years to create your own endowment or named fund and join the Cornerstone Society for the Arts.
- A gift of $10,000 could provide funds to support set construction and costumes for two or three theatre productions or two scholarships to recruit talented music students.
The Cornerstone Society for the Arts
Gifts of $25,000 or more allow donors to create a new endowment or named fund to support scholarships, a faculty position, program, or another area of the donor's choosing. Endowment gifts are especially meaningful because they enhance the university in perpetuity and create a lasting legacy in donor's name.
By making a major gift of $25,000 or more, you play a leadership role in helping OSU develop a dynamic arts environment and in enriching the education of all Oregon State students. Donors who make a contribution of $25,000 more become members of the Cornerstone Society for the Arts.
For more information about giving to support the arts at Oregon State, please contact:
Director of Development, College of Liberal Arts
Support the Complex
In the spring of 2017, OSU announced a thrilling $25 million gift that launched an initiative to expand and enhance the LaSells Stewart Center. The anticipated $60 million arts and education complex will bring together music, theater, digital communications, and the visual arts: a campus centerpiece of culture and creativity expected to open in 2022.
"The arts provide the context and inspiration for discovery—they drive the culture of creativity, innovation, and diversity that is essential to a thriving research environment. In our quest to become recognized as a leading international research university, we must advance our arts programs."
— Ed Ray, OSU President
Upcoming Fine and Performing Arts Events at OSU